Dangerous situations: When automation is installed on any door, gate, window or any other opening, it becomes classified as a MACHINE. Listed below are some of the possible hazards associated with using such machines:
- Crushing during closing hazards
- Shearing hazard
- Conveying hazard
- Person lifting hazard, in the event of vertical closings
- Operator connected, electrical hazards
- Safety device breakdown provoked hazards
- Hazards which appear during manual moving of the closure, for example, when gate unexpectedly sets in motion again
- Entrapment hazards
- Exceeding of gate–leaf limit, causing possible falling of gate-leaf hazards
When Safe & Secure Systems install gate automation equipment, we utilise a range of safety accessories and methods of install, which are compliant with European Standards to provide total protection against any hazards associated with operation. We also supply a User Manual which should be kept with your installation and passed onto new owners if you ever sell your property.
For further information please follow this link to view the information available from the Health & Safety Executive on the risks to pedestrians from powered gates:
What is a CAMESAFE Installer?
CAMESAFE Installers are the culmination of all the experience and knowledge gained from studying, interpreting, presenting and discussing solutions to automation safety for the past 5 years.
By formalising the training structure and developing a method of assessing trainees learning outcomes, Came can now award a level of competence to individuals who pass the module examinations.
Safe & Secure Systems attained CAMESAFE Installer status, and are now entitled to use the CAMESAFE Installer badge to promote the highest level of safety in their automation installations.
Please visit website to find our unique Installer ID Profile www.CAMESAFE.com
Our ID Numbers are: James Hitchcock: 73380, Bobby Drummond and Gerry Matzk, our overall Company ID: 2506
- All wiring is connected by Bobby, our fully qualified electrician with numerous supporting qualifications
- Our installation team is qualified to safely operate mobile work platforms: Scissor Lifts and Self Propelled Booms and CCTV Engineering and maintenance
- Gerry our Fabricator has up to date training in Oxyfuel Gases Safety Awareness to ensure the safety of personnel and property whilst welding Welding and is qualified in Metal Arc Gas Shielded Welding to British Standards 4872
- All new installations of gate and barrier systems will conform to the current European Safety Standards and Building Regulations under the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, EN12453, EN12445, EN12604, EN12605, EN12978.
- We are proud to be Gold Approved Installers for Came BPT UK
- We have over 15 years experience in the industry and can repair systems using equipment from all manufacturers with confidence and safety in mind
- We have up to date safety examination and electrical examination passes and accreditation both as individuals and as a company, to the CAMESAFE Installer Scheme
We are proud to announce that we have passed exams to be newly accredited both as individuals and as a company, to the CAMESAFE Installer Scheme.